Directions from PDX Airport
The directions below should lead you from Portland Airport to Timberline Lodge.
- Exit the airport by driving out airport way (about the only way out)
- Take I-205 South
- Stay on I-205 South for 2 miles and turn on to
- Follow I-84 East for about 7 miles. Take
the Wood Village/Gresham exit. Turn right
here and head up the hill (twisty section).
- This road changes names a few times, by the HWY it is NE 238th and
after the turns going up the hill it changes to NE 242nd (and it may
change name to Hogan after that). Follow this road for about 2-3
- Turn Left onto HWY
26 also called Burnside road. It's reasonably easy to see this
turn on the way out. It is a little harder to catch this on the way
back. I usually know to make the turn by looking for the U-haul place by the turn.
As far as directions, the rest of the drive is easier.
- Drive many miles on HWY 26 through
Sandy to Government Camp.
- Turn left onto Timberline Hwy and drive 5 to six miles up the hill to the lodge.
Map for section of drive from Airport to HWY 26.